Friday, July 9, 2010

And The Journey Begins...

It's already late as the grandfather's clock downstairs strikes two - showing that it is already 2.00am. I am really exhausted after driving back to JB from KL alone - as soon as the official closing ceremony of the IPK Orientation Week ended. Laying comfortably on my bed, still i fail to persuade my eyes to shut and start to dream. Therefore, i start calculating the number of sheep as what Mr Bean always did, but it does not seem to work this time... hehe... Appointed as an emcee (MC) at the very last minute with Kak Rosmahwati as my partner, i had performed my very best to ensure that everything ran as smooth as per planned. It was really a tiring and lethargic morning as i was only informed less than an hour before the ceremony started, and i was really pleased that finally the session ended well... I still remember the very first time i stood before the audience as an emcee during the National Seminar at IAB Genting Highlands last year. It was En. Aznan Abdul who guided us (Kak Rosmahwati, Kak Zaina and me) on how to be good emcees and take charge of any unexpected situation should it occur at anytime during the session. It was not my first appearance on stage. I was a debater since i was eleven, but still there were butterflies in my stomach at times and i couldn't control myself from shivering and sweating hard. Luckily, the compliments i received after the session ended, was actually something that really motivated me.

In spite of being part of the organizing team for the closing ceremony today (yesterday..perhaps), i guess i did nothing... hehe... :) For the last few days i sat calmly with my colleagues, having good times enjoying the director's, lecturers' and speakers' speeches and motivational talks - inspiring me to 'give it a go' to pursue my aims to excel in my studies for the next 12 months in IPK. Today, we were segregated into two groups namely as A and B where i was listed to be under the A group with some of my NPQEL classmates. Alhamdulillah... i hope that we will be able to create a strong, firm bond as one big family till the end of the journey, as the saying goes : coming together is the beginning, keeping together is the progress and working together is the success... InsyaAllah... For those who had always standing beside me and become the shoulder for me to cry on, i really appreciate your support and encouragement all these while regardless who and where you are (including a special person whom i had never met 'in real' at all...) Thank you from the very bottom of my heart... Arigato Gozaimas!

No comments: